Renaissance Faire

by - 10/21/2015

Every renaissance comes to the world with a cry, the cry of the 
human spirit to be free.
-Anne Sullivan



 Growing up I've always wished I was born in a different era. I was fascinated by the ancient history. My mind were filled by the stories conjured up in historic fantasy fictions. I was under a spell from the golden age thinking. A romantic imagination that a different time period is better than my present living. But sadly I was rudely awakened by those notions after I traveled to Europe to visit actual castles. I realised how gloomy they were, and how poor the hygiene would have been. But still, I like to draw my attire inspiration from different time periods. My favourite is no doubt the Medieval times, and I am just over the moon to see some of those traits thriving in fashion this year. Lace-ups, lace inserts, bell sleeves, lace, crotchet, scallop hems, maxi lengths...

I wore a simple lace dress to the Renaissance Faire a few weeks back. My favourite part of this outfit is probably the DIY sword necklace! I simply changed the plain chain to a Y necklace to give it a more modern twist.

xx







WHAT I WORE
ZARA DRESS, UNIQLO HEATTECH LEGGINGS, OLIVIA BURTON WATCH, DIY SWORD Y-SHAPE NECKLACE, REBECCA MINKOFF BAG, BETSEY JOHNSON BOOTS. 


You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM

VISITORS