Snowed In

by - 1/24/2016

 The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows.

-George William Curtis




It's always nice when the snow storm decides to hit us during the weekend. Snow is much prettier when you don't need to rush out of the house and worry about your commute to work. So we got hit with our first snowstorm this winter. On Saturday we were completely snowed in, it looked like Frozen outside, with the wind whirling and non-stop snow falling. Except I'm not singing "the cold doesn't bother me anyways"- because it totally does. To dress sensibly I find Uniqlo's heattech collection a life saver when it comes to surviving East Coast winter. I've wrote a post about my essential winter gear last year HERE

Since it's not snowing anymore I wore a wool coat instead, but with added fur vest lining inside to provide extra warmth. I've never wore fur before I moved here, but my mother-in-law is a big fan so she got me quite a few fur pieces. I'm still a bit hesitant when it comes with buying fur since I felt the fur industry is very cruel and violent... Anyways, I still love to wear pastels during winter and I've been looking for a mint coat for ages. I finally found this little beauty from my trusted Zara. I'll pick pastel over black anytime to brighten the gloomy winter. Go ahead, break the rules, who says you have to wear dark colours in winter? 
Stay warm guys and have a fabulous week! 

Bisous xx










WHAT I WORE
UNIQLO TOP, UNIQLO WARM LINED PANTS, ZARA COAT, ZARA BLANKET SCARF, MACY'S BEANIE & GLOVES, COUGAR CRANBROOK SNOW BOOTS, LC LAUREN RUNWAY BAG

You May Also Like

2 comments

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM

VISITORS