Working Out

by - 9/21/2017

 A runner must run with dreams in his heart, 
not money in his pocket.

~Emil Zatopek



Hello my darlings~ I hope everyone is having a good week so far! I'm enjoying the last of the summer like weather here in the Jersey Shore. This September felt abnormally warm and I'm not complaining at all! 

I've never been the type to invest in my gym clothes. I usually wear my old t-shirt and old jogger/leggings. But after having a baby I felt self conscious with this new body I'm not familiar with. My husband actually encouraged me to go shopping and buy new gym clothes and shoes- Best advice ever! Coz it made me excited going to the gym since I can wear new stuff ha... 

I'm finally back to my pre-preggo weight after 8 months of exercising! Yapee! It's encouraging to see all this hard work paid off. Even though my waist is still rounder and my hips wider, but at least it's improving... slowly. I started exercising 6 months post-baby. I wanted to go back to my exercising routine earlier but I was so sleep deprived so I didn't force myself. I couldn't go on a diet since I was nursing and hungry all the time. So that made loosing weight really hard. 

I went to Zumba classes and went back to swimming, Pilates and walking but not weight training. I needed to do something "fun" and honestly when my boobs are engorged it's really uncomfortable to lift weights haha... I finally went back to weight training this month and it felt great! 

After I stopped nursing I went on a really clean diet. No junk food and no sugar, which almost killed me and I was suffering from sugar withdrawn. I have such a sweet tooth and not eating any sugar was super difficult. So after a few weeks of the strict no sugar diet. I rewarded myself by eating what ever I want during the weekends- but in moderation so I could stay sane. I also went on a no carbs diet for about a month- which made me unhappy so I stopped.

I'm not on a diet anymore since I'm exercising a lot and I need the energy. I just eat whatever I want but in small portions. I have to say when I fit back into my old skirt- that I thought I would never be able to fit back into. It felt amazing!! It also made me even more motivated to keep exercising. 

What are your favourite exercises? I would love to hear what works for you and I'm always open to try new things! Have a great one my darlings! and thanks for stopping by! 

Bisous xx

A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket. Emil Zatopek
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_fitness.html

A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket. Emil Zatopek
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_fitness.html
A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket. Emil Zatopek
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_fitness.html
A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket. Emil Zatopek
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_fitness.htm



WHAT I WORE
   
  express lace up top (similar)   |  American eagle bralette  |  Victoria's secret cropped leggings  |  express cap  | allbirds sneakers






You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love your comfy workout look. I like to keep mine simple as well!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit - new workout clothes is always the best encouragement to exercise!

    Heather xx
    https://www.hefafa.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I know right?! New workout clothes do wonders!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful locations! You look great in workout costume!!

    My Fashion BLOG by Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely workout outfit !

    Have a great start to your week !
    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read this post, i makes me want to start working out too btw i love this workout style of yours! < x

    byangchee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! I Hope I'll always be motivated to work out! xx

      Delete
  6. You look fabulous in your new gym clothes Angela! I love the lace up detail on the neckline of your top. That's very cute! It's great that your hard work and exercise has been paying off. As I have a sweet tooth, I love eating foods which contain natural sugars rather than added sugars, such as dates and fruit salads with raspberries and dark grapes! This enables me to get my sugar rush in a healthy way! I also love to walk nearly every day, so that keeps my weight under control without having to do any extreme exercises! It's important to have a well-balanced, sensible diet, with a few naturally sweet treats so you don't feel deprived! Brown bread and pasta are also great alternatives to simple carbs, so you don't have to cut out carbs.

    You look fantastic as always!

    Lots of love Saba xx

    www.trulymadlydeeplyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips Saba! It's so hard to eat healthy!! but I def love sweet fruits such as grapes, strawberry, lychee etc. xx

      Delete

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM

VISITORS