School Girl Chic

by - 12/02/2014

"Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges 
from the good old days."
-Doug Larson




Happy Holidays everyone! I can't believe this was my 4th Thanksgiving in the States! Time just slips by too too fast! During these days off we finally have time to take some blog photos! 

Today's look is very nostalgic for me. I used to wear uniform back in my school days- and guess what, they were plaids! When I saw this skirt at Uniqlo I just couldn't stop staring at it. I was in a dilemma!! I love how it reminded me of those "good" old days, but at the same time I was trying to figure out how to pull this look off, since I'm no longer a teenager!

I styled the outfit with a slight glam- faux fur coat + pearl necklace + floppy wool hat & high heels booties! I can easily style the skirt with an oversized sweater and over the knee socks, but that would just scream too school girl for me… I still kept some subtle soft punk elements that I love when I was younger- The studs on the booties & the Rebecca Minkoff bags. Lastly I added the DIY gold chains on the skirt to complete the look & to make it slightly more unique, so it won't clash with other people!











TIPS: Go ahead and layer those necklaces! If you love pearls like me but is also afraid of looking like a nanny... Try layering pearl necklaces with a statement necklace! It creates a very unexpected, fresh, young look. 



DIY gold chains! It's super duper easy! You can find these gold chains at art stores or trim stores if you're in NYC. Simply just sew them on the side seams of the skirt. I just measure the length of the chains by eye, totally freestyle & casual! 



WHAT I WORE...
TOP:ZARA 
SKIRT:UNIQLO WITH DIY GOLD CHAINS (ON SALE!) 
COAT:KOREAN BOUTIQUE IN NZ (super old!) 
BAG:REBECCA MINKOFF 
BOOTS:KATIE & KELLY (LAST SEASON)
PEARL NECKLACE:GIFT FR. MAMA 
STATEMENT NECKLACE:HIGH DESIGN JEWLRY(6th Ave, 37th & 38th St.)
FLOPPY HAT:BCBG MAXAZRIA 



Have a great week beautiful people! I can't believe it's December already!! Thank you for stopping by & leaving your encouraging comments! xx




You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. You look adorable in this outfit, the coat is TDF! I love the quote, so so true. Happy holidays to you too.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lenya! This coat is superrrrr old!! but I still love every bits of it! xx

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM

VISITORS