Holiday Party 1- Regal Reigns

by - 12/13/2015

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. 
Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with 
love, grace, and gratitude.

-Denis Waitley




Dressfashion Green Prom Dresses
Can you believe it's already the middle of December?!?! Time really flew by this year and everything passed too quickly like a blur... Today, I'm sharing what I wore to my colleague's engagement party. This will be part 1 of my Holiday party outfit, stay tuned for part 2, when I will share about my Work's year end party! 

So..I call this outfit regal reigns because it reminds me what Queen Mary would wear in the TV show Reigns- with a more updated and modern version of course. I've had this skirt for a while but never wore it because I bought it on a sale during summer. The material is of a substantial weight- almost like those heavy curtain fabrics- which is great for the winter times to keep you warm. I hemmed up the skirt by a good 10cm so it looks more proportioned for me. It's meant to be tea length, but since it's such a heavy fabric I prefer for it to be shorter. 

Shimmer is always good for a holiday party, so I paired the skirt with my sheath DKNY dress which I worn as a top. This is a great trick to wear your sheath dress under puffy skirt, because let's be real, non of our wardrobe is endless, and by having more variation to the same clothes, you multiple your outfits without the added cost. These sparkly block heels are great for any party, they're more stable and will bring you more ease, as you will most likely be standing throughout the night. Lastly I finished the outfit with a rhinestone headband/belt that my best friend gave me just to add a bit more glam. 

Two piece with a statement skirt or top is a great option for your holiday party attire. Dresses are not the only answer! If you are on a budget why not give two piece a try this holiday season, you might surprise yourself! They are also great if the party you are attending is not too formal. Really, the possibilities are just endless! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a magical week ahead! 

Bisous xx












WHAT I WORE
SHEIN SKIRT, DKNY DRESS WORN AS TOP (GIFT, OLD), URBAN OUTFITTERS HEELS (OLD), REBECCA MINKOFF BAG, SWAROVSKI NECKLACE (GIFT), ASOS FAKE TATTOO TIGHTS



You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. You look so pretty! Love your outfit and the landscape!♡

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Carina! It's just our backyard! XD
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love that you paired the dress with the skirt and made it work. And those heels are so pretty!

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yasmin! Those heels are so comfy too! I wished I got the nude pair as well!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Love wearing things differently! And that skirt is just stunning! U look super cute with the headband!
    Thestyletune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chichi! You're an expert in wearing things differently too! xx

      Delete

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM

VISITORS