Shopping: Ball Dresses Part 2

by - 12/17/2015

 Hello my lurvlies~ As promised, here is the Part 2 to shopping for Prom/Ball Dresses from PickedlooksThis time I've selected some very photogentic Ball dresses, aka bright, vibrant colours for you to shine and stand out among your friends. Bright, solid colours work like a charm in Ball dresses. They photograph much better than florals or pastel colours. I usually go with soft pastels, but sometimes I like to float out of my own little dreamy bubble, and glam up like a Hollywood celebrity by choosing daring colours such as red, marine blue, green and yellow!   






I love how this dress mixed the soft chiffon fabric with the more structured beaded top. Below are a few more gowns that have contrast fabric as well. The high slit is just so dreamy when you walk and dance your night away. It's also a great option for those that might not be so confident with their legs, the peek-a-boo effect work like wonders to hide any flaws.



This marine blue dress has the same effect with the yellow one, except for the cap sleeves and maxi skirt without any split. If you prefer a more regal look but doesn't like the body hugging satin material, try the more forgiving chiffon with ornate beading. This colour is rich and works with any skin tone. You will stand out among the group picture for sure.


I love the slight ombre effect of the rhinestone of this gorgeous dress, and the cute little bow detail is just the icing on the cake! This ball gown somehow reminds me of an updated version to the Cinderella gown. It's a softer blue than marine blue, but because of the beading on the top it's more glamourous and less child like.



This is another version of the mixed fabric in beautiful emerald green. As you can see I'm really drawn to this type of silhouette. The beaded rhinestone details draw ones eyes upward & the empire waistline elongates your legs. These factors are great if you don't want to show any cleavage, and if you are worried about your upper arms you can choose the cap sleeves designs. 




If you prefer the old Hollywood glamour style, these two low plunging necklines are great. They also come in a lot of other colours. The added rhinestone accentuates the beautiful drapes that cleverly hides any insecurities. Sometimes simple classic designs are the best. For an even more glamourous look I would choose a up-do for your hair instead of leaving it down. 



The last ball gown I would like to share is just absolutely gorgeous. Lace & tulle in a mermaid silhouette. This looks more like a wedding reception dress me, but it's too beautiful to leave it out. The mermaid silhouette is very flattering, and I prefer it with the cap sleeves so overall it looks more balance. You can notice I didn't pick any strapless designs, but that is just my personal preference. I don't like to worry about my dress falling down or just being too uncomfortably tight in a dress. 

For more Prom dress ideas check out the part 1 to this series HERE.
Thank you Pickedlooks for sponsoring this post, you can visit their website here for a variety of Ball dresses: http://www.pickedlooks.com/ball-dresses-2015-c_18/ 








You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. The last one is the best! Lace and tule ! Is wow!
    Thestyletune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of them!
    Amazing,
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. chiffon 

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM

VISITORS