Shopping: Prom Dresses Part 1

by - 12/04/2015

Hi there, so the holiday season is coming up, everything is on sale! One of my guilty pleasures is online shopping- actually not really guilty, I do it proudly haha. I just prefer to shop in the comfort of my couch, skipped the queue and try on my new clothes with my accessories in the comfort of my house. Then I'll decide if my new addition will blend well with my existing collection.





This post is a collaboration with Pickedlooks, they carry a variety of beautiful prom/ball dresses, which I think will also work well for bridal or bridesmaid dresses. You can check out their website HERE & HERE. I know Prom/Ball season is still some time away but it's never too early to start looking! Plus, it's always a good idea to grab them while they're on sale~ I've picked out some of my favourites below.



I love the ornate beaded look of this dress paired with chiffon. I personally don't really trust strapless gowns because unless your busts are perfect as in not too big-so they don't fall out, or too small- so your dress don't fall down. haha, okay sorry for being so blunt, but yeah, strapless gowns are tricky to pull off. This embellished look is more sophisticated than lace, and will photograph better with its added bling. This would also make a great wedding rehearsal or a reception dress since it's cream.    



There is also a short version to this dress, click on the photo to go to the website. This would make a great choice for junior prom, reception dress or wedding rehearsal dress. The shorter hemline also work great for petite girls.





One shoulder dress is another option if you would like to show some more skin, but doesn't wish to adjust your dress all night long. You will feel more confident as you dance your night away knowing that your dress will stay in put. This Grecian inspired dress will no doubt make any girl feel like a goddess. If you're not confident with your tummy, go with empire waistline. They are a life saver, and they give the illusion of elongated legs and model like proportions. 





If you want to feel more like a princess pick a prom/ball dress with tulle! I love the organza sheer cape sleeves with the sweetheart neckline.





Here's another similar dress with tulle, with beaded cape sleeves added for more glam. It also has my favourite empire waistline. I hope you guys enjoyed these picks, stayed tuned as I'll be doing another similar post next week! I'll also be writing one of my regular post in the middle of the week, so please check back! Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing week!

Bisous xx

Thank you Pickedlooks for sponsoring this post, you can visit their website here for a variety of prom dresses: 




You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Love these pastel prom dresses!
    Chichistashan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of dresses Angela! Thanks for sharing!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!

    That detail on the first dress is just amazing! Love every detail about it!

    R.
    www.jarofsweeets.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela! This post is lovely, with lots of gorgeous dress inspiration. I especially love the Grecian dress, which is ultra sophisticated. Thanks for bringing this brand to my attention!

    Saba x

    www.trulymadlydeeplyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Grecian dress is probably my favourite! Thanks for visiting! xx

      Delete
  5. Most women are constantly conscious about wearing whitened outfits due to the fact based on the fabric, it may be transparent. Sexy prom dress uk

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM

VISITORS